To Be or Not To Be

A little kingdom I possess,
Where thoughts and feelings dwell;
And very hard the task I find
Of governing it well.
-- Louisa May Alcott.
...........hmmm....that more or less describes my situation !!

~A Wise Man Said~

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
-- Aristotle

~My Photo Blog~

  ...Worth a Thousand Words

Tuesday, January 15, 2002
 
Ghost Stories

There's something about ghost stories -- they can be terrifying and exciting at the same time. A few days back, when I was going through ghost story links on the net (in connection with work !); I was reminded of my childhood days.

Back then we kids would exhaust ourselves all evening with games and play, and when it was dark, we would huddle around in some corner and discuss ghost stories. Each of us would have the most outrageous thing to relate and when our imagination was exhausted, we would use real material.

White haired old ladies passing by us were our prime targets. I'm glad none of the tales we cooked up ever reached their ears. We might have successfully speeded them to their graves and created a real ghost into the bargain.

In one of our more creative ghost story sessions the tension reached crackling point, so much so, that one of us actually jumped up and ran. The rest of us were quick to panic and follow suit. The next day we couldn't help laughing over our foolishness, though at the same time we had to admit it was fun.

When I have one of my crazy ideas, I can't help sharing it, especially with someone who's likely not to think of it as crazy ! I just asked a friend if he should like the idea of a cold, wintry night, the lights gone, wind blowing outside and a group of us friends huddled around a candleflame in a corner of the house; doing what? spinning ghost stories !

I for one would very much enjoy such an evening (more than most things and as long as there's no real ghost to contend with !) .....

By the by, for those who can't resist ghost stories, The Lady With The Emerald Ring, looked like a decent one to me (not too spooky).....and here's a whole lot of them.....