To Be or Not To Be

A little kingdom I possess,
Where thoughts and feelings dwell;
And very hard the task I find
Of governing it well.
-- Louisa May Alcott.
...........hmmm....that more or less describes my situation !!

~A Wise Man Said~

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
-- Aristotle

~My Photo Blog~

  ...Worth a Thousand Words

Wednesday, February 13, 2002
 
I'm quite a private person, so to speak, but since the time I created this blog (courtesy: the author of Full TP), have become much more open about my views. The greatest satisfaction I receive is, when I read the comments. To know that people not only read, but have also thought about what I said and have taken the trouble to acquaint me with their own opinions, offers me great pleasure, and it is this pleasure I look forward to, everytime an idea occurs to me.

It would not be wrong to say that this blog has become something personal for me. "If I think it, it's there" doesn't sound too bad for a punch line, does it? It’s true, whatever the case.

I'm one of those who wouldn't know how to sell an oven to an Eskimo. Marketing is just not my scene and I can't remember ever having recommended anything to anyone. Even if I had, my diffident manner would have been enough to put the most susceptible man off.

Now, well, now I’m one of the "check-this-out-buddy-it's-worth-every-penny" lot. No friend has been spared, I'm sure. (I've double checked). And if you're a distant cousin or a long lost uncle, you've definitely got mail !

Of course, not being used to blowing my own trumpet, I find the noise a little jarring. When what I really want to say is, "Do look into my blog and if you like what you see, keep looking", I'm afraid it will sound something like "My blog's great; you got to see it to believe it". I wouldn't be caught dead with that statement. It's just not me.

Ownership comes with its own responsibilities. I feel a sense of ownership over my blog. I feel as possessive about it as with any other of my cherished possessions. When I don't post anything on it for a few days, I feel as one nursing a small plant would feel, when he is unable to water it for that long a period.

As I am not in the best of health these days, my energy fails me when I start to write. And being the person I am, I just wonder....I wonder if my little plant will ever grow to be a tree. Or will it just fade away, like so many plants do, when the hand that nurtures them is suddenly called away......