To Be or Not To Be

A little kingdom I possess,
Where thoughts and feelings dwell;
And very hard the task I find
Of governing it well.
-- Louisa May Alcott.
...........hmmm....that more or less describes my situation !!

~A Wise Man Said~

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
-- Aristotle

~My Photo Blog~

  ...Worth a Thousand Words

Thursday, May 09, 2002
 
I have been in Bombay all my life, but I still feel a sense of belonging to my native place, Mangalore. When I visit there, I feel like a child returning to the lap of its mother: Warm, comfortable and familiar.

I would like to share a poem I had written once, when Mangalore was my dream. The choicest escape from the dreary mundaneness of everyday existence. I would imagine myself lost in its beauty and not having a care in the world.

Though now I do not engage in such fanciful thinking, the dream has always remained with me. Maybe someday it will even come true....

Mangalore…

Across the whole wide world have I roamed
But just one place I would call my own
The soil of my birth, my very own earth
My love for it cannot be measured.

The tree and the bees, the cows and the hens
Where all nature rejoices and recreates heaven
Where the pace of life is slow
And each day very much like before
Where the people are a dull lot
Content with the little they've got
Where in each heart love and fellowship blooms
For hatred and enmity there's no room
Where ignorance is bliss and knowledge is amiss
Where each little thing holds forth promise
Where even nooks and crannies have memories for me
Such is Mangalore, the Mangalore of my dreams.

My beloved land, your blessings with me
Wherever I go, my heart will be with thee.