To Be or Not To Be

A little kingdom I possess,
Where thoughts and feelings dwell;
And very hard the task I find
Of governing it well.
-- Louisa May Alcott.
...........hmmm....that more or less describes my situation !!

~A Wise Man Said~

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
-- Aristotle

~My Photo Blog~

  ...Worth a Thousand Words

Tuesday, July 02, 2002
 
With time, I realise more and more of what 'love' means to me. What I would wish it to be. This is one emotion that defies definition and yet, admits of plenty. That is its extraordinary quality.

It is with the blossoming of youth, that the heart first discovers its capacity for love, and mistakes its impulses for the real emotion. But young hearts are undisciplined and that’s more than an excuse.

Let me share a poem, which still brings a silly smile to my face... :) ....As you might have guessed, it is born out of "the first mistaken impulse of an undisciplined heart" ...


Like jet black coal is my beloved's face
You could mistake him from the Negro race
Wavy hair, tall he stands
Wherever he goes, his voice commands
His appearance does not dazzle the eye
His virtues he would much rather hide
His boldness many a people scorn
But lack of it in themselves they mourn
His boyish ways do capture my heart
But feigning innocence I play my part
Always conscious of his eyes on me
But not for a moment his way I see
To torment him new ways I devise
His jealous face is my prize
But when he does the same to me
The fairness of it I can't but see
I torture myself that it serves me well
The pain of it all my heart can't tell.