To Be or Not To Be

A little kingdom I possess,
Where thoughts and feelings dwell;
And very hard the task I find
Of governing it well.
-- Louisa May Alcott.
...........hmmm....that more or less describes my situation !!

~A Wise Man Said~

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
-- Aristotle

~My Photo Blog~

  ...Worth a Thousand Words

Monday, April 21, 2003
 
I am not one for change and still less, one to seek change. If it were up to me, I would grapple to my soul all the things that are familiar and dear to me...but as someone said, "Change is the only constant in an inconstant world". And right now, I am on the verge of one; for the better or worse, maybe only time can tell.

I shall soon be leaving my present employment to join a new company. It has been a very pleasurable journey, from the time I first came here, to now, when I have to move on. The best part has been the opportunity I had to mingle with the best of people.

The one person (whom I cannot but mention), who not only tried to mould me, but also tried to instill in me, a belief in myself and in my capabilities, is my dear boss, Ashok. Incidentally, he is also the person who first inspired me to start this blog. For this and many other reasons; for the countless occasions where I was conscious of his kindness (which am sure I ill-deserved), I shall be largely indebted to him. I like to think that I shall have lost a colleague, but gained a friend in the process. I do hope so. In any case, am happier and indeed richer, for having known someone as special as him.

I once wrote as a comment in a fellow blogger's site, that no matter what the changes in one's life, there have to be some things that one can always depend on. It is the same as saying that no matter the number of places that you travel to, there has to be one place where you know you can come back to, and which you can call as Home.

One can enjoy the adventure, excitement, unpredictability of the sea so much better, when there is the stability, security and consistency of earth to return to -- or so I feel. In the midst of a sea of change in my life, I am yet glad...as I have these rocks to fall back on...and it is their support which makes me view the future with so much more of positiveness and so much less of trepidation....

...A bit late in the day, but to wind up, here's Wishing everyone a Very Happy Easter!! :)