To Be or Not To Be

A little kingdom I possess,
Where thoughts and feelings dwell;
And very hard the task I find
Of governing it well.
-- Louisa May Alcott.
...........hmmm....that more or less describes my situation !!

~A Wise Man Said~

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
-- Aristotle

~My Photo Blog~

  ...Worth a Thousand Words

Tuesday, January 19, 2010
 

Another milestone has been crossed. A friend objected when I used the word milestone in relation to my birthday. But what is a milestone? A birthday’s not a milestone in the goal achieved sense, yes, but it is a milestone in the journey of life. You have crossed it and you can only look back but not go back…

Every year my excitement about the day approaching diminishes. I understand why kids and teenagers are probably most excited about their birthdays. Age doesn’t seem to be a worrisome concept to them…it’s just a day to celebrate, to call friends, to cut cakes, to feel special. But, all these things don’t excite you anymore, as you grow older. You wish birthdays could come a little slower and age would creep in a little less closer…

Notwithstanding the rather sober reflections, which are characteristic of me on this day, I am feeling that ‘warm fuzzy happy’ feeling of being loved and thought about. Men would probably say that remembering someone’s birthday is no indicator of how much they care about them, but I guess all girls are equally silly, at least in this one respect. :)