To Be or Not To Be
A little kingdom I possess,
Where thoughts and feelings dwell;
And very hard the task I find
Of governing it well.
-- Louisa May Alcott.
...........hmmm....that more or less describes my situation !!
~A Wise Man Said~
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
~My Photo Blog~
...Worth a Thousand Words
Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Monday, June 18, 2007
Ranjani has tagged me to share "8 things about myself". I have once before done a tag on five of my topmost quirks... so maybe I'll try to make this non-quirky? :)
1. I am keenly interested in astrology. Not so much forecasts or predictions, but personality characteristics. The star sign is one of the first few things I tend to ask about a person!
2. I am geographically-challenged (if there is such a word!). I have a very good memory in general, but somehow its worse than pathetic when it comes to remembering places. I have always joked that I could get lost in my own backyard :(
3. I am more fond of old people than I am of kids! When I was a kid, my grandmother used to call me "vodlimai" which means "grandmother" (in Konkani). I had this habit of sitting among all the old ladies and listening to their gossip!
4. That brings me to this point -- I love talking and conversing and debating and gossiping and... people who don't know me well enough, would never suspect it, because I come across as a person of few words! (the only exception to this rule, I can't make small talk -- not for the life of me!)
5. I have this thing for completing things; I hate leaving something half-finished, even if it's an activity I don't particularly like. I also prefer to finish it myself; don't let others.
6. I have a special affinity for the number 7; I thought it was just my thought, but it's uncanny how the number keeps popping up. For example, the numerical values of my name add up to the number 7!
7. I always find it difficult to close a phone call; I somehow feel it would appear rude. I most often wait for the other party to talk of hanging up.
8. I am very bad at aiming at things (or at least, I think so). I am bad at games where you've got to aim -- table tennis or even carrom! I am also bad at multi-tasking with my limbs -- or maybe it's just my excuse for not being confident enough to drive :(