To Be or Not To Be

A little kingdom I possess,
Where thoughts and feelings dwell;
And very hard the task I find
Of governing it well.
-- Louisa May Alcott.
...........hmmm....that more or less describes my situation !!

~A Wise Man Said~

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
-- Aristotle

~My Photo Blog~

  ...Worth a Thousand Words

Thursday, December 27, 2001
 
"When I lost all faith in the goodness of man,
And was groping in the dark, unsure of a plan.

At that fateful moment, you reached for my hand,
And made the kind of difference only a friend can...."

..........scribbled these lines yesterday........when I was full of thoughts of a dear friend.....

When I was a Kid, friendship meant familiarity and differed in terms of degrees of familiarity....... I was a shy kid and not too given to familiarising myself with people.......

Over the years, the definition underwent many changes......and now I feel, there is no single one.......Strange, the most important things in life are the most undefinable....

I find much truth in the words "A friend is one with whom you can dare to be yourself" .......

Most of the time, we are hardly what we are...... hidden behind polite masks, making all the right sounds and speeches. We feel more secure in presenting a false facade......then when we come upon people whom we begin to like, we feel the urge to drop this charade and for once, give in to the temptation of being ourselves......but then, there is the possibility (we imagine) that we may not be liked, and so hesitate.............perhaps hesitate forever......