To Be or Not To Be

A little kingdom I possess,
Where thoughts and feelings dwell;
And very hard the task I find
Of governing it well.
-- Louisa May Alcott.
...........hmmm....that more or less describes my situation !!

~A Wise Man Said~

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
-- Aristotle

~My Photo Blog~

  ...Worth a Thousand Words

Tuesday, July 19, 2011
 
Goodbye is a word I have always hated. Maybe that is what makes me prolong the moment forever. I like to stick to things like glue and never say goodbye. Sometimes it does more harm than good… Good and harm… why do the things that feel so good, do so much harm?

I am going off on a tangent actually. I have changed my job after seven long years… it was a very strange feeling saying ‘goodbye’ after all these years… all these memories… all these moments… all the good times and bad times… but it had to be done, some time… and I have tried to put it off… as I always do… because I hate the final moment… the final bye byes… the final never coming back… I loved it and I hate to leave it… but I have to move on… have to grow… have to spread my wings… have to fly… have to see new places, new people, new things… have to explore… have to find myself…

I was reading this book and I felt there was some subtle message for me there… only when you let something free, do you really possess it… because it is then ‘essentially’ yours… not because you were binding it to yourself and holding it in a cage… because it intrinsically belongs… and no matter how far it flies… and how removed it is in distance… it still belongs… in its heart… and it must come back …

Fare well, dear old place… and thank you… will miss you…