So I am back in London for a conference. This time I am hoping to
catch some leisure activities that I didn’t last time what with the intense
focus on furniture buying. I might still pay a visit to the John Lewis
furniture floor. As I was joking to a colleague the other day, it’s probably
going to be a Mecca of sorts for me ;) But I have very few days and there are
too many things to do in London. It is not even a full day 1 today and I have
already visited Drummond Street.
I did not know of the existence of this Indian food street. It
seems to me that where I stay usually tends to influence some of the places I
see; some, not all because mostly one goes to the centre wherever one might be
staying. Last time I was in Fulham and I did catch a bit of Kensington,
Chelsea, King’s road etc that I have never done before. This time I am right
opposite Euston and this Drummond Street happens to be right around the corner.
I suppose if I was in Fulham I would have had to schedule the street around
other things in this direction, but I could just walk down today when I was too
tired to do anything else. I was rewarded. This is the first time after getting
back from home that I have had “chaat”. Chaat is more of a North Indian
category though having grown up in Mumbai where you get pretty much everything,
a bit like London, I enjoy chaat once in a while. I had a samosa chaat and a sev puri. See the linked pics because it is very hard to explain what
they are! Might seem like a lot for one sitting and it was ;) I felt like a thirsty
man in a desert who suddenly came upon a well… hehe…
I am really looking forward to trying out South Indian food which
is my traditional food… more so because there are absolutely no South Indian
restaurants in Lancaster. Sort of strange really but maybe there isn’t a large
enough South Indian community. I sorely miss my food obviously… in a way I end
up having it only once a year, if you discount the stuff I make at home, which
is pretty bare bones :(
Other than food there’s just one more fixed thing on my list. I
have been meaning to catch a West End musical in forever but somehow not
happened… until the upcoming Saturday. Moulin Rouge it is :)
posted by Sylvia D'souza at 3:47 am
0 comments