To Be or Not To Be

A little kingdom I possess,
Where thoughts and feelings dwell;
And very hard the task I find
Of governing it well.
~ Louisa May Alcott

...that more or less describes my situation!

~A Wise Man Said~

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
~ Aristotle

Saturday, August 22, 2026
 

It’s that time of the year again. Almost time to travel. For the past few years, I feel like my year is not divided into seasons like it is for everybody else. It is divided into before travel, during travel, and after travel. Each of these seasons have their own texture and mood, mental state and feeling state. The current season, the preparing to travel or before travel, always feels like I have said in one of my older posts, the last episode of a season in a show. Where a lot of loose threads are tied up, unravelled, or left open. There is a sense of urgency in this season, as if I need to get so many things done and time is running out. I don’t think it’s just my subjective feeling. Last year at this time I had to close my house purchase, and it almost didn’t happen before it happened. Right until the month of travel, I did not know if I was going to shift into my own home. There were a few other difficult developments in parallel too. Now, again, I am juggling multiple balls. Some as practically significant as last year. Put together they make me wonder whether this season is going to end in disaster, a cliffhanger, or with some decent resolutions. The political situation in the middle east is still pretty shaky and that means I might not even be able to travel my normal route or visit Dubai on the way back…

Over the last few months, every time I had a problem, I noticed that the problem paradoxically led me to something good, if that makes sense? Let me give an example. When I came back from my travels this time, as I wrote in one of my blogs, the painter who had promised to do the painting for my house kept stalling me for weeks on end and finally literally ghosted me. This was a big problem at the time because I was living in a makeshift type of house with zero furniture. The painting was meant to be the first step. I went back to another painter I had made brief contact with earlier. This painter turned out to be an angel. I am not exaggerating! He not only painted the house but went out of the way in so many ways to do stuff like hang my new curtains. Had I not met with an obstacle, I wouldn’t have found a path that was so much the better in so many ways. That is just one example, but I have been observing this pattern quite a bit. The more I have noticed it, the more I have started to feel a bit less anxious when something like a problem comes up. I have started to think that maybe it will pave the path to something good eventually.

My phone situation to some extent has been sorted only today. I say ‘some extent’ because I am not sure if this is the end. Will my phone work perfectly with a new battery? I am not sure… Should I get a backup phone because the idea of having no backup for something so important when I have backups of backups even for the most random things is a bit… uncomfortable. Still debating. The repair shop said they are giving me a 6-month guarantee. I asked if they’ll give me some document for that or I should keep the receipt safely. His response was it’s okay if you don’t have the receipt: ‘Everyone here will know you…’ Oops! ;)